Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tomato Fresh Mozzarella Salad

Carrie and I found ourselves home alone for lunch today. She was working on the compter getting ready for her first day of school (UVU) since Ronald Reagan was president. I was hungry and wanted to go out and get some real food. We decided that the best course of action was Craigery making some lunch.

I had some spinach asiago sausage that I bought at Costco last week and made some quick sammy's. We had hoagie rolls so I buttered 'em, garlic'd 'em, and grilled 'em. Next I cooked the sausage and split them to create an absolute gem of a sammy - even topped it off with leftover cotija cheese from last night.

I wanted a salad to go with it. I am a tomato freak. Seriously, I love everything tomato. There are so many plants in my back yard that Carrie made me take some out. So, I diced up some tomato, cubed up some fresh (in the water tub) mozzarella, rough cut some fresh spinach and threw it all in a large bowl. Generous salt followed with some black pepper. I then added some extra virgin olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Toss that mix together, put it on the plate right next to the grilled sausage creation and call it....Amazing!"

No comments: