Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pulled Pork Tostada's and Pork And Eggs

Posted some quick frozen dinner idea's last week and mentioned cooking a pork roast ahead of time and freezing it. I actually did this Saturday and we had some awesome Pork Barbacoa salads. The recipe for that is on the blog in the archives.

Remember, use everything you have on hand to create ideas that will become part of your family food memories. Last night I had some leftover pork and wanted to do something simple. I decided on tostadas. I had corn tortilla's in the fridge, so I fried them in vegetable oil (350 degrees) until almost crisp, heated up some refried beans and this is the recipe....
Pulled Pork Tostadas

Corn Tortillas (as many as you need)
1 can refried beans heated
1/2 lb Cotija cheese (Mexican cheese found just about anywhere) pronouced "Cote-E-Haa"
Leftover pulled pork
Chopped lettuce
Diced tomato
Salsa
Sour cream
Fry tortillas in oil; set on paper towel to soak up excess oil. Heat beans and spread on tortilla. Add lettuce, pork, sour cream and tomato. Sprinkle with cheese and add salsa if you like.

This is so quick and easy and I promise you they will all be gobbled up.

This morning I sent my two youngest off to school when "Hot Breakfrast" was ordered and I was in a hurry. I simply created something I will definitely make again
Breakfast Eggs and Pork


For each individual plate...
2 eggs
pulled pork, heated
cheddar cheese
salsa

Fry or scramble the eggs (I like mine fried and yolks runny), cover with shredded pork, sprinkle with cheese and top with salsa. Quick, easy and delicious!

No comments: